Northwestern University is an educational and research institution. The faculty of Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine provide clinical patient care through affiliated hospitals and practice plans. Below are helpful department-related links for patients and referring physicians.
Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation (NMFF)
Our department has patient information and educational resources related to care and services – including information on Women’s Behavioral Health Services, ECT Services, and Forensic Consultation Services – via the NMFF Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences page.
NMFF clinical programs and services (but not limited to)within the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences include:
- Addictions Psychiatry
Provide specialized therapeutic services and medication management for individuals with substance abuse issues. Services provided on an outpatient basis.
- Adult General Psychiatry
Diagnose psychiatric disorders and provide inpatient and outpatient treatment, including psychopharmacological management and psychotherapy. Therapeutic services include:
- Offering Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for individual and group participants.
- Providing Individual therapy options for patients.
- Operating a variety of group therapy modules designed to treat patients.
- Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry (Psychosomatic Medicine)
Provide inpatient consultation to the medical and surgical inpatient services at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Prentice Women’s Hospital and the Lurie Cancer Center.
- Geriatric Psychiatry
Evaluation and treatment, including medication management and psychotherapy, of elderly patients on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
- Neuromodulation Program
Services provided on an inpatient and outpatient basis, dependant on level of care needed.
- Provide safe and effective electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) for severe and/or treatment-resistant psychiatric disorders.
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) for patients with treatment-resistant psychiatric disorders.
- Deep Brain Stimulation for patients with treatment-refractory obsessive compulsive disorders.
- Neuropsychology Services
Evaluation and treatment recommendations to meet our patients’ needs through neuropsychological testing.
- Women’s Behavioral Health
Offering compassionate and confidential patient care for women with behavioral health needs.
Additional NMFF Links
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago (Lurie Children’s)
Northwestern Memorial Hospital (NMH)
Learn more about NMH’s Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences services; take a virtual tour of the Norman and Ida Stone Institute of Psychiatry.
• NMH Physician Finder
• NMH Patient & Visitor Guide
• NMH Surgical Instructions